This Project targets on those post-natal women with babies and toddlers age between 0 to 2 years old. Its goal is to help the community to build a safe environment to raise healthy infants together. Nutrition knowledge of infants, food bank and emotional support are provided to the project’s targets. Strategies including parent education, peer supports in the community are employed. The peer support is the key element of the project to help the post-natal women to support each other in setting up babies’ healthy diet and by take turn to give home care to each other’s baby whenever necessary. The project helps to enhance the caring ability and confidence of the service targets as well as building up a sustainable community mutual help network.
PSC and Hong Kong Community Dietitian Association jointly organize this project. Hong Kong Health Education and Promotion Foundation and the Centre for Health Education and Health Promotion of CUHK are going to collect and analyze the health data of the under-resourced post-natal women and their babies for the Project with the goal to raise the public awareness of the malnutrition issue of them.
Simon K.Y. LEE Foundation Children’s Fund sponsors this Project.
Goals of this Project
- To support the post-natal women by Nutrition Education activities to prevent the malnutrition situation of the babies.
- To provide the mental health support to the post-natal women to increase their confidence of feeding the babies well.
- To facilitate the community support to the under-resourced families with new born and toddlers
- To enhance the public’s awareness of the malnutrition issues of babies of under-resourced families.
Families with new born and toddlers age between 0 to 2 years old and their mothers of under-resourced families
- One to One Consultation on Babies’ nutrition
Assessment of the babies’ nutrition situation will be provided with suggestions of how to improve the health situation of them
- Workshops on Babies’ Nutrition
It targets on post-natal women to help them to increase the knowledge on babies’ nutrition and diet, enhance their skills to set up healthy diet of the babies.
- Mental Health Awareness Workshop for Post-natal Women
Focus on the teaching of anxiety management skill and stress management skill to enhance the post-natal women’s mental health situation and resilience abilities. The workshops also equip the participants’ to skills take care of the babies with confidence.
- Home care
Home visits to post-natal women are provided by trained volunteer to support their mental health situation and nutrition situation of the babies
Please fill up the application forms in PSC during the office hours. Project staff will arrange interviews and assessments to applicants