The programs are jointly organized by the People Service Centre and the Hong Kong Housing Society to encourage residents to participate in recycling and environmental protection in Lok Man Sun Chuen and Ka Wai Chuen. The program connects the participation of intergenerational families. It builds up the joint effort of the environmental protection bodies, social welfare organizations, and tertiary institutions in the region to establish a sustainable community environmental protection participation model led by residents.
The operating expenses of the project is funded by the Lee Hysan Foundation.
- Enhance residents’ awareness of environmental protection and increase the output of community recycling
- Foster mutual assistance and integration of intergenerational families in the community through environmental protection activities
- Establish a self-programing, cross-sector sustainable environmental protection participation platform
- Organize activities such as community education stations, mutual support and sharing among residents, environmental protection community day, etc., and establish a platform for residents’ interaction
- Organize volunteer groups, environmental protection workshops and organic cooking training course, and transform participants into volunteers
- Foster residents’ mutual support and environmental protection volunteer groups, establish a sustainable participation collaboration platform for residents, and build a green and environmentally friendly community