“Community Chest Worry Free Project” is a hospice service aims at preserving the dignity of life and autonomy of the older persons. Through life and death education, livelihood support, and advance planning of the after-death arrangement, the older person’s autonomy can be enhanced and the dignity of life can be experienced. “Life is prepared, life is worry-free” and “those who die well, those who stay farewell”.
The operating expenses of the Project is funded by the Community Chest of Hong Kong since April 2022.
- Caring for the dignity of livelihood of the older persons and promoting independent hospice services.
- Through life and death education, lifetime planning and funeral service know-how, the older persons can establish a positive attitude to life, face death positively and formulate their own after-death arrangement independently.
- Build up a mutual support network for the older persons to go through aging process with a positive attitude.
Older persons living without support.
Mainly in Sham Shui Po District, but applications from other districts are also accepted.
- Care for older persons: home visits, caring for members’ living conditions, and providing counselling and other follow-up services as required.
- Lifetime planning: assist the older persons to plan for the after-death arrangement and establish a positive attitude towards death and dying.
- Funeral service: implement the funeral affairs for the deceased according to their wishes, and assist the family members to go through the related procedures and ceremonies. Counselling service will be provided to the family members during the bereavement.
- Self-help and mutual aid: through regular monthly meetings and mutual support groups, foster the social networks for the older persons to keep participate in community activities.