The aim of the project is to support the caregivers and the children with special educational needs of less resource households. The teaching of positive discipline and parenting skills, and the facilitation of peer support networking help to alleviate the mental stress of caregivers.
The project emphasizes the participation of people from different sectors. It targets to transform the traditional concept of “family-based care and education” into the concept of “all people participate in care and education” which advocates families and society work together to share the responsibility of raising children with good qualities and values.
The Centre’s operation expenses is funded by the “Partnership Fund for the Disadvantaged” of the Social Welfare Department.
- Provide homework guidance and regular psychosocial activities to develop children’s potentials.
- Develop the talents of teenagers and raise their awareness on community affairs by volunteer services.
- Children who have been diagnosed or suspected to have special educational needs and are currently studying in Primary One to Primary Six.
- Caregivers of the above-mentioned children.
Monday to Friday: 15:00-19:00
Closed on Saturday, Sundays and Public Holidays
Sham Shui Po District
- Online one-to-one homework guidance
- Training group for children with special educational needs.
- Child development activities and groups.
- Child caregivers parenting skill, mutual support groups and respite services.
- Case consultation and counseling.
- Visit the Center to obtain and submit the application form during the opening hours.
- The Center staff will arrange an interview and select suitable participants.