Green Green WTS Project is an environmental protection education Project sponsored by HKEX Foundation which promote proactive community participation in recycling.
This Project promote “Community Mutual Help ; Empowerment of the community”. It helps to enrich the recycling’s concepts and values of the community through volunteer movement. It targets to build sustainable recycle network allowing the stakeholders to set up lots of recycle check-point to decrease the wastage as far as possible.
- To enhance community’s knowledge on recycling and help them to build up recycling routines in daily life
- To encourage more people to become recycling volunteers who can help the community to be proactive in recycling activities
- To build up the network those participating public housing estates with a sustainable recycling platform
- To promote the above 3 strategies to other districts in Hong Kong
- Environmental Protection Promotion Booth: This project will organize periodical Recycling Promotion and set up recycling Check Points to increase the community’s knowledge of recycling and build up the daily recycling routine of them
- Workshop on Environmental Protection: To encourage the community to share and exchange their ideas on environmental protection issues on different related topics. It helps to train up a group of Recycle Coaches to keep the recycling movement and to transform the community
- Build up community networks: To connect the public, corporates, NGOs and government departments to form a sustainable network for them to take initiative to organize environmental protection activities from time to time. Eg. Sharing of resources, recycling and public education etc