This project adopts a cross-sectoral collaboration model. A series of health education and support services are organised so that the older persons can master health knowledge and habits effectively. It promotes the participants to transform from a passive participant to an active participant/volunteer, and enhances the “Body-Mind-Spirit” of the older persons.
The project also organizes the older people and community volunteers to build up a community mutual support network.
The project was funded by the Community Investment and Inclusion Fund in October 2020 for three years.
- Establish cross-sectoral collaborative partnerships to create a platform to support the health care needs of the older persons and caregivers.
- Foster a self-help and mutual assistance network for the older persons to improve their holistic health of “Body-Mind-Spirit”.
- Increase the participation of the older persons, transform them from service users into volunteers who continue to serve the community.
Older persons living in the service district.
Tai Hang East Estate, Tai Hang West Estate and Nam Shan Estate, Sham Shui Po District.
- Provide health checks, physical and mental health activities and community education for the older persons.
- Provide training on self-management and life style modifications for persons with chronic health conditions, and establish mutual support groups for them.
- Promote the cross-sectoral collaboration of ” Community-Welfare-Medical-Commercial” in the district to care for the wellbeing of the older persons.
- Organize older persons and community volunteers to build a community mutual aid network.